In higher education there are few things as invigorating as the start of a new academic year. Going into my second year at Bradley University, I have several new goals for the new year:
- Create a training video for the new version of Bradley netWORK (our job board)
- Streamline assignments for the course I teach, BUS 220, with an eye on reducing complexity for students.
- Develop and host internship workshops for Foster College of Business Students
- Develop and propose an assessment project on student performance in the job fair setting
- Recreate job fair assessments in a new platform (which will allow us to discontinue one of our paid subscriptions)
Additionally, now that I know more about my job, I am looking forward to making additional strides to benefit my students. Here’s to an exciting and positive new year to all in higher education!